The following are some projects that the nlr mayor's youth council are working on for november. if you would like to help, please share our spirit and join us in making our world a better place for everyone.
1. gently used backpacks for the homeless project
2. items for the homeless backpacks - scarf, gloves, cap, socks,
toothpaste, toothbrush, package of razors for the guys, lotion,
3. gently used evening dresses, short or long, for the p.r.o.m. project - dresses will be made available to high school girls who would not be able to have dresses to wear to dances/parties otherwise
4. daley johnston is collecting personal care items - or caregiver kits - to answer the emergency plea from the arkansas children's hospital. these are kits in large ziplock bags that can be handed to parents/caregivers who come with their children unexpectedly to the hospital and have no hygiene items with them. these kits might include soap, a wash cloth, comb, deodorant, tooth past, tooth brush, razors, lotion.
2. the our house homeless shelter for the working homeless is requesting bedding for twin beds. their shelter is full and they are in very short supply on sheets and blankets for twin beds. do you have any gently used bedding that you can give? they also need standard size pillows, but would like the pillows to be new due to health concerns. (you can buy blankets and pillows very cheaply at wal mart.) please make sure the bedding is clean.
ALSO, IF ANYONE HAS A WASHER OR DRYER TO DONATE THAT IS IN WORKING ORDER, THE SHELTER IS IN NEED OF BOTH. 80 PEOPLE ARE USING TWO SETS OF WASHERS AND DRYERS AND THEY WEAR OUT REALLY FAST. THEY WILL COME PICK UP AND GIVE YOU A TAX RECEIPT.
if you have questions, call jan scholl at 834-3784.