Monday, December 08, 2008

10th Annual Polar Bear Plunge



Greetings;



December is finally here and it's time for the 10th Annual Polar Bear Plunge for Special Olympics. On Saturday December 13th several hundred crazy folks will take the plunge into the icy cold waters of Lakewood Lake #3, all to raise money and awareness for Special Olympics Arkansas.



As most of you know, three years ago myself along with several other of my Law Enforcement friends decided to plunge not just once but 24 times; once an hour beginning at noon on Friday and ending at noon on Saturday. We have committed once again to plunging all night in a Super Plunge. This plunge has been called "Freezing for a Reason" in year's past; I like to call it "Crazy for a Reason"!



I know many of you want to help in the cause and it's easy to do. You can go to my on line fundraising page at www.firstgiving.com/CaptainD

and donate or just see me if you would like to give in person.



Thanks, and by the way if you want to plunge with us on Saturday at noon let me know, I'll save a place for you!



Please pass this email along to your friends, family and co-workers.....help me reach my goal!!

Captain D



and by the way......I have been ordered to wear a shirt at all times this year so relax but I will have my NLR Swim cap on!

No comments: